Icon Stays In Notification Bar

Android applications available on the Android Market including White Noise Lite

Icon Stays In Notification Bar

Postby warntheduke » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi All!

I just updated to Froyo a few days ago and have noticed that when I kill White Noise with Task Killer that it still stays in the Notification Bar and I can't get it to go away. Am I missing something?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
warntheduke

Postby treyw » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like the way apps interact with the notification bar changed slightly in 2.2. The icon should clear when there is no audio playing or when the app exits with no background audio. A work around until this can be corrected for 2.2 would be to make sure to stop the audio before closing the app when you are done listening, then run the task killer.
treyw
Site Admin

Similar problem, but not froyo

Postby HollyQuin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:24 pm

My phone hasn't updated to android 2.2 yet (I have a Samsung Vibrant), but I have a similar problem. About 10-20 minutes after I close the app the icon appears in my notification bar. According to my applications list it's not running, so the only way to get rid of the icon is to open and re-close the app. Then 10-20 minutes later it comes back. When I pull down the notification bar, the White Noise listing says "Null - No Timer". I can't tell that it's using battery or memory, but it is annoying to have the icon pop up.

Thanks!
HollyQuin

Postby treyw » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Thank your letting us know of the issue. It is hard to say why this happens.

Since you are seeing a "Null" in the notification area, I do not think the app is loaded or initialized, so it shouldn't be using any battery or memory. A task manager could verify that.

In any case, I will look into the issue.

Regards
treyw
Site Admin

Return to Android Apps