White Noise uses up too much memory

Android applications available on the Android Market including White Noise Lite

Postby toddm » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:41 pm

This is kind of an old thread at this point for two reasons:

1. SD Card for Android OS 2.2 has been supported for some time.
2. App went on a diet and lost 3 times it's weight. Now sits at under 8 megabytes.

So hopefully your phone manufacter will update your OS to 2.2 so you get the option of SD card app installs but even if not you get the benifit of White Noise taking less than 8 megs.

If you have issues upgrading, just uninstall the app first then download again. You don't get charged twice. Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I hope you appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the latest version.

Cheers,
Todd
toddm
Site Admin

Re: White Noise uses up too much memory

Postby tinkicker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 am

Resurrecting this thread because as of approximately 2.5 years later....White Noise is STILL not storing the sound files on the external SD. All respect to the developer, but why is this so tough? If linking the sound file to the app from the external to internal memory for real-time use is a problem, why not take this approach: store the sound files on the external SD card and as each one is called up for use, simply copy that one file to internal memory for use. Delete it when the app is deactivated.
What do you think about that, developer?

Oh...if in some way White Noise can already be configured to store the sound files on the SD card and I've just not figured it out....please educate me and accept my compliments on an excellently restful app. Good work!

Okay...another edit! Is it possible to delete the preinstalled files? Some of them I'd like to get rid of.
tinkicker

Re: White Noise uses up too much memory

Postby toddm » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Stock sounds cannot be deleted from the app as they are part of the application binary. Downloaded sounds from our website can be deleted. What device are you using? We have heard some samsung devices don't allow you to move the app to the SD card. I assume you tried that?
toddm
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Android Apps