The Noise Generator app generates custom color noises including brown, pink, white, blue, and violet. Customize noise further by using low and high cut filters. Simple modern interface remembers all settings for quick generation and utilizes advanced mathematical formulas to generate all audio waves. There are no audio files included in the application binary which keeps app size to a minimum and app performance to a maximum.
Available for free download on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon!
What are the different sound colors?
- White noise sounds similar to static of an analog TV or radio station that has stopped broadcasting. White noise has equal energy across all sound frequencies.
- Brown noise sounds like a powerful waterfall. It has more energy at the lower frequencies which means more bass. If you have a good speaker system with a subwoofer you should be able to really feel it.
- Pink noise’s upper sound frequencies don’t fall off as fast as they do with brown noise, so you’ll get a little more punch. The most interesting thing about pink noise is it’s found in almost all electronic devices (known as flicker noise) and even in biological systems.
- Blue and violet noise are the opposites of pink and brown noise, respectively, and sound like spraying water from a garden hose. It has more energy at the higher frequencies which means more treble and less bass.
- Curious to learn more about color noises? Check out this article written by our founder, Todd Moore: http://www.tmsoft.com/white-noise-player/
Drag the Sound Color slider to select brown, pink, white, blue, violet, or somewhere in-between. Next, drag the low and high cut filters to further customize to your liking. Adjust device volume using the on-screen volume slider to a comfortable level. Toggle audio playback using the Play/Pause button.