Advice for a fellow app developer?

Android applications available on the Android Market including White Noise Lite

Advice for a fellow app developer?

Postby markusK » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 am

First, I've been using the full version of White Noise on my Android phone for over a year and love it!

A few months ago I started making a dungeon game with some friends and we're really excited about it. One weird thing though...

I recently got a new phone that runs Gingerbread and the background music in our game now 'skips' when it loops, whereas before it looped perfectly. We've been banging our heads about this for a while now and then the other day it occurred to me that White Noise must be looping its audio too, but I haven't had any problems with it on my new phone, the sound seems to loop great.

Then I started trying a bunch of other apps (including some of your competitors) and noticed that they all have the same loop 'skipping' issue! I googled around quite a bit and see that other developers\users are having the same issue. For example:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=18756

So ... I guess I was hoping you might share the technical specs on how you're looping audio in your app?

If you're not willing to help, I guess kinda understand :) ... but thanks for the great app anyway!

Markus
markusK

Return to Android Apps