Make it stop!

Android applications available on the Android Market including White Noise Lite

Make it stop!

Postby Fitzgerald » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:54 pm

Sound will not stop even after I turn my HTC Hero off. How can I make it stop?
Fitzgerald

Postby toddm » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:25 am

Clicking the back button or just navigating away from White Noise will stop the sound. Are you sure you are using the latest version on android market?

Cheers,
Todd
toddm
Site Admin

Postby Invader » Mon May 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Whitenoise does NOT automatically shut off when you exit the program. WhiteNoise will happily keep on running and running and running forever if you don't have a timer set for it. I believe this is so you can exit the program and do other things like make phone calls. However, it does mean you have to know how to shut it down manually. I can't believe that the site admin is unaware of this.

In order to shut down WhiteNoise you must hit the "MENU" button on your Android OS phone. This will bring up a pop-up menu of options - one of which is "Stop Sound". When you hit this button, WhiteNoise will stop.

Hope this helps all of you out there who are wondering why this program will not stop. :) I hope TMSoft comes up with better solution, honestly. The Iphone version of WhiteNoise has a pause button right on the main screen. This feature is desperately needed on the Android version. Frankly, I'm baffled as to why the port from the Iphone seems to be missing several key and useful features.
Invader

Postby toddm » Mon May 24, 2010 6:36 pm

You are responding to an old post which was accurate for v1.x. By popular request the full version of White Noise for Android was turned into a background audio service in v2.x. In order to stop the sound in v2.x please use the menu item--Stop Sound. That will turn off the audio service. Cheers, Todd
toddm
Site Admin

Re: Make it stop!

Postby seajayking » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 am

I have a zoom. I can not turn off WN. What is the solution?
seajayking

Postby toddm » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm

There is a PAUSE button on the main screen near the bottom. Just tap that to stop the background service.
toddm
Site Admin

Postby patioshaters » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:43 pm

This is the best site to know more about Iphone App.
Thank's for sharing this post.

Patio heaters
patioshaters

Postby houseboxer » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:48 pm

I think you should customize the list of functions that each sound, perhaps you need an off button quickly.
This app is fantastic and really tested the eh helps me sleep well.
houseboxer

Postby jopalis » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:56 am

I purchased the sound effects program (free) for my Kindle Fire. I deleted it from the Kindle fire device. Then went to my Amazon account and deleted it there so would not be in the cloud. However, the app is still randomly making the sound effects like when I am reading, etc. How to make it stop? Please!!! May seem funny but very annoying...... :x :x
jopalis

Return to Android Apps